Virtualisation has become an integral part of our daily lives; new digital formats and platforms are becoming more and more ubiquitous in all areas. In the world of wine too, many tastings and seminars have moved online.
This format attracts both professionals and wine-lovers: just one click brings them closer to the bubbles of Cava, and discovering more about this versatile quality sparkling wine. On 27 May, D.O. Cava, in collaboration with the renowned British wine consultant and educator Laura Clay, held a relaxed virtual tasting for end consumers in the UK market.
Under the title "Classy Cava", Laura Clay presented different types and styles of Cava to more than 50 people, who had previously obtained their own bottles for the tasting.
The attendees were amazed at the high quality and affordability of Cavas on the market. "The selection of Cavas was brilliant, I really enjoyed the tasting," commented Laura Clay. “Having always been a fan of Cava, I am now a true devotee.”
The selection of Cavas for this occasion was as follows:
- Agustí Torelló Mata, Rosat Trepat Reserva 2018, Cava de Guarda Superior (£18.50 Bascofinefoods.com )
- Cava Faustino Brut Rosado, Cava de Guarda (Vinissimus £11.15)
- Sumarroca Reserva Brut Eco 2018, Cava de Guarda Superior Reserva (Bushvines, Connollys Wine £13.50 - £14)
- Anna de Codorníu Blanc de Blancs, Cava de Guarda Superior Reserva (Vinissimus £13.50)
- Juvé & Camps, Reserva de la Familia, Cava de Guarda Superior Gran Reserva (Fortnum & Mason £20.90; Majestic Wines stocks the Reserva £14.99)
- Roger Goulart Brut Gran Reserva 2015, Cava de Guarda Superior Gran Reserva (Vino Wines, Luvians, Fountainhall Wines, Roberts & Speight £20.40)
Laura Clay's knowledge and enthusiasm for wine has made her a well-known and popular speaker and educator of wine professionals in the UK. She is currently President of the Association of Wine Educators, and sits on the council of the Midland Wine and Spirit Association.